CFP: Scottish Church History Prize
Submission deadline: December 31, 2018
The Scottish Church History Society is pleased to announce its new Scottish Church History Prize. This annual prize is intended to recognise exceptional PhD research and scholarship in the field of Scottish church history. All entries will be considered for publication within the Society’s journal, Scottish Church History. The winning author will be awarded £500.
The closing date for entries is 31 December 2018. The winner will be announced in February 2019, with the prize formally awarded at our spring conference on 16 March 2019. Entries should be submitted with a short biographical note to firstname.lastname@example.org. See below for further details.
- Entries on any aspect of Scottish church history will be considered.
- The essay submitted must be based on original research and should be accompanied by a 250 word abstract.
- Essays must be between 5,000 and 8,000 words in length (including footnotes). Entries beneath or exceeding this length will not be considered.
- Essays already published, accepted for future publication, or under consideration with another journal are not eligible for submission.
- Current PhD students – or those who graduated with their doctorate after 1 January 2017 – are eligible to apply.