CFP: Victorian Fears
Submission deadline: Yesterday
Department of History, Newman University, Birmingham, Newman University, Birmingham
Birmingham, United Kingdom
- Administrative History
- Art and Architecture
- Cultural History
- Economic History
- Environmental History
- Gender and Women
- Imperial and Colonial
- Intellectual History
- Legal History
- Maritime History
- Military History
- Religious History
- Science and Technology
- Social History
- Urban History
Call for Papers
Victorian Fears Colloquium
Monday 18th June 2018
This interdisciplinary colloquium is open to all postgraduate students and ECRs.
The organiser’s particularly welcome proposals in topics such as:
- Political ideologies, cultures and settings.
- Gender, masculinity and the ‘new’ woman.
- Medical, scientific and pseudo-scientific discoveries.
- Consumer culture and the advent of ‘modernity’.
- Church-going, dissent and religious literacy.
- The Empire, the Union, networks and travel.
- Education, children and schooling.
- Perceptions and responses to the ‘other’ in Victorian society.
Proposals may consist of individual papers of 20 minutes or panels comprising of two or three papers. Panels should relate to a common theme and not necessarily bound by a chronological framework.
Please submit your proposals by Friday 26th January 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org