German Historical Institute London Postgraduate Students Conference
17 Bloomsbury Square
London WC1A 2NJ
Talks at this conferenceAdd a talk
This conference is for PhD students studying German History at a UK/Irish university from the middle ages through to contemporary history. It is especially suitable for 2nd and 3rd year PhD Students to assist using research facilities and obtaining grants.
The German Historical Institute London will hold its 22nd postgraduate students conference on Thursday 11 and Friday 12 January 2018. Its intention is to give postgraduate research students from the UK and Ireland working on German history an opportunity to present their work-in-progress and to discuss this with other students working in the same field.
Please note that all 2nd and 3rd year students are encouraged to present a paper on their PhD project.
On the morning of Thursday 11 January 2018 a Paleography course on German handwriting is planned. Should you wish to take part in this course, please register your interest.
If you wish to attend next year's postgraduate students conference (Thursday 11 to Friday 12 January 2018), please email: firstname.lastname@example.org before 30 November 2017 confirming the following details:
• full contact details (including email address and telephone number),
• the exact title of your project,
• the date you started your project,
• the name, address, email address and phone number of your university and supervisor,
• confirmation whether you have undertaken research in Germany.
• confirm whether you wish to participate in the Paleography course scheduled for the morning of Thursday 11 January 2018.
Please note that accommodation and/or travel reimbursement claims can only be considered for those eligible from within the UK/Ireland and for those who attend the entire event.
November 30, 2017, 9:00am BST
Who is attending?
No one has said they will attend yet.
Will you attend this event?