Remembering the Reformation
Murray Edwards College
Cambridge CB3 0DF
Talks at this conferenceAdd a talk
This three-day conference aims to explore the links between Reformation, remembering and forgetting across late medieval and early modern Europe. We are eager to break out of the restricting paradigms of nationalist historiography and literary studies and to explore the memory of different varieties of Protestant, Catholic and radical Reformation comparatively and alongside each other. We also seek to stimulate discussion of how the memory cultures associated with magisterial and state-led Reformations, and those that resulted in the formation and consolidationof institutional churches, compare with those that were contested, thwarted, and reversed.
The confirmed plenary speakers are:
- John Arnold (University of Cambridge)
- Philip Benedict (Institut d'Histoire de la Reformation, Geneva)
- Simon Ditchfield (University of York)
- Dagmar Freist (Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg)
- Kat Hill (University of East Anglia)
- Geert Janssen (Universiteit van Amsterdam)
- Isabel Karremann (Universität Würzburg)
- Natalia Nowakowska (University of Oxford)
- Katrina Olds (University of San Francisco)
- Judith Pollmann (Universiteit Leiden)
- Alison Shell (University College London)
- James Simpson (Harvard University)
Organisers: Alexandra Walsham (Cambridge), Brian Cummings (York), Bronwyn Wallace (York), Ceri Law (Cambridge)http://rememberingthereformation.org.uk/events/remembering-reformation-conference-7th-9th-september-2017
July 31, 2017, 9:00am BST
Who is attending?
No one has said they will attend yet.
Will you attend this event?