Money, money, money! Getting and spending in the voluntary sector
24 Stephenson Way
London NW1 2DP
We have an exciting programme of presentations, exploring the topic 'Money, money, money! Getting and spending in the voluntary sector'
The papers to be given are as follows:
· ‘Giving circles in the UK and Ireland’, Professor Angela Eikenberry, School of Public Administration, University of Nebraska at Omaha, and Dr Beth Breeze, Centre for Philanthropy, University of Kent
· ‘Unillusioned philanthropy and fundraising’ John McLoughlin, Centre for Philanthropy, University of Kent
· ‘The impact of Coalition policies on service-providing voluntary organisations’, Andy Benson, National Coalition for Independent Action and Colin Rochester, Practical Wisdom R2Z
· ‘Funds and spending of foundations and trusts - “state of the field” in the current policy and economic environment’, Professor Cathy Pharoah, Centre for Charitable Giving and Philanthropy, Cass Business School, City University
· ‘Famine after the feast? Infrastructure organisations adapting to a changing funding world’, Andy Curtis, Institute for Volunteering Research, NCVO
Full details of the day, including abstracts of the papers, can be found here:
Bookings are now open for the seminar - to avoid disappointment please book early as there will be limited space available.
If you wish to attend, please complete the booking form on the VSSN website (scroll down past the programme) before 19th November 2014.
The cost is £35 for VSSN members and £70 for non-members. Concessions are £25 and are available to those VSSN members who are without institutional support (i.e. those without access to conference/travel budgets). The fee for the day covers morning coffee, a buffet lunch, afternoon tea and a small contribution to VSSN funds. We do ask all participants, including presenters and chairs, to register and pay for the day as VSSN is a network whose main funds come from members' subscriptions.
On completion of the booking form you can pay online via Worldpay's secure service. Alternatively you can pay by cheque or direct transfer (just indicate this on the online form and we will send you an invoice). Receipts will be issued on receipt of payment.
We warmly welcome you to join VSSN if you are not already a member. You can do this from our joining page, and you will then be eligible for the member’s price of £35. Annual membership fees are on a sliding scale according to gross personal income and include an annual subscription to VSSN’s journal Voluntary Sector Review.
If you have any enquiries about the event, or if you have any difficulties registering, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. (i.e. don’t hit the reply button!)
Details of the venue and travel directions, will be emailed to everyone registering for the event.
Book soon to avoid disappointment! We look forward to seeing you shortly.
November 19, 2014, 9:00am BST
Who is attending?
No one has said they will attend yet.
Will you attend this event?